jueves, 11 de marzo de 2021
Aid for the purchase of housing for young people
The aim of the aid for the purchase of housing for young people is to facilitate access to a home for this group. However, and due to its numerous requirements, it is not easy to access these grants for the purchase of a home that are contemplated in the State Housing Plan created by the Government. If this is your case, in this other article we explain other formulas to buy a home without savings.
According to the website of the Youth Aid Program, its objective is “to facilitate the enjoyment of decent and adequate housing for young people under 35 years of age, either on a rental basis or through direct aid to the acquisition of localized homes. in municipalities with less than 5,000 inhabitants ”.
Requirements to get help for the purchase of housing for young people
The subsidies contemplated in the State Housing Plan 2018-2021 establish a series of requirements to access them:
• Be under 35 years of age. The Youth Aid Program is intended exclusively for those under 35 years of age. Although it is a reasonable figure, it must be taken into account that in Spain the average age of emancipation is 29 years compared to 26 for the European average, according to data from the European Statistical Office (Eurostat).
• Homes located in municipalities with less than 5,000 inhabitants. This condition implies that if you want to reside in a big city, you will not have any possibility of accessing these grants for the purchase of homes for young people. Moreover, if you work in a large city and need to access these grants, you will have to travel quite far to live, since the dormitory cities of Madrid or Barcelona, ??for example, far exceed those population figures.
• Registered in the municipality. In addition to meeting the two previous requirements, it is essential that to obtain the corresponding subsidy you are registered in the municipality. Not surprisingly, one of the objectives of this plan to help young people to buy a home is to help prevent the depopulation of small municipalities.
To access help for the purchase of a home for young people, the home must be located in a municipality with fewer than 5,000 inhabitants.
• Habitual housing. The property to be acquired must be the beneficiary,s habitual and permanent home, which is not a problem for those looking for their first home. However, the maximum price set for the home is more limiting, 100,000 euros according to its appraised value.
• Reduced income. Finally, people who want to access this aid program for the purchase of housing for young people must have an income in their family unit that is less than three times the IPREM (Public Indicator of Multiple Effects Income). The grants are extended to an income of 4 times the IPREM for large families and people with disabilities or to five times the IPREM for special large families and people with certain degrees of disability.
How to access aid for the purchase of housing for young people?
The maximum amount of these financial aid to access a first home is 10,800 euros with a limit of 20% on the purchase price (this must be less than 100,000 euros, as we have commented a few lines above).
To request any of these grants, you have to consult the corresponding autonomous community, since they are in charge of managing the grants, establishing their own deadlines, requirements and award procedures. In fact, there are communities that only grant aid for rehabilitation and rent, but not for purchase.
Among the communities that offer some type of help, whether for purchase or rent, are Andalusia, Aragon, Principality of Asturias, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Cantabria, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha, Catalonia, City of Ceuta, Community Valenciana, Extremadura, Galicia, Madrid, City of Melilla, Region of Murcia, Autonomous Community of Navarra, Basque Country and La Rioja.
In summary, it can be said that aid for the purchase of housing for young people requires meeting certain requirements, they are not available in all autonomous communities, they can only be obtained in municipalities with less than 5,000 inhabitants and for a maximum amount of 10,800 euros with a limit of 20% on the acquisition price (which in turn cannot exceed 100,000 euros).