+34 638 042 482      Email  





sábado, 11 de julio de 2020


 How much do you have to pay when selling a property?

  Selling a property involves a series of expenses that the seller must take into account when setting the sale price.

Among the taxes and expenses we will highlight the capital gain of the Tax Agency, the municipal tax or capital gain, in the case of having a mortgage, its cancellation and the notary fees corresponding to the seller.

It should be noted that, if the habitual residence is sold and another is purchased, also as the habitual residence, within a period not exceeding two years, it is not necessary to pay the capital gain of the Tax Agency.

  Plusvalía Tax Agency.

When selling a property, which is not a habitual residence, it must be taxed on the Personal Income Tax (IRPF) if you reside in Spain and if not, it will be subject to Non-Resident Income Tax. As an equity increase, the difference between the purchase amount and the sale amount must be paid, provided there have been benefits.

After the last tax reform, some coefficients that especially benefited homes bought years ago were eliminated, cases where there is usually a lot of difference between the purchase price and the sale price, causing a higher tax payment from 2015 for the seller.

In the case of selling below the value of your purchase, there is an equity loss, which can be offset by the gains obtained in the following four years. The law exempts from payment the taxpayer who sells his habitual home and allocates the price obtained to the acquisition of another home as his habitual residence within a period not exceeding two years, the reinvestment exemption must be declared and accepted.

People over 65 who sell a home have a number of considerations before the Tax Agency, the capital gains will be exempt, but they must be declared, if the property is not a habitual residence, it is exempt from taxes, but as long as the amount obtained is intended to constitute a life annuity in your favor.

   Municipal Plusvalía

It is called the Tax on the Increase in Value of Urban Land (IIVTU), called municipal capital gain. Its payment is made in the city councils and all taxpayers have to pay it. Its calculation is made on the cadastral value of the home and the number of years it has been owned.

   Registry and Notary

When the mortgage cancellation has not been made when selling the house, even if it is amortized, or the payment of the mortgage is still in force, the cancellation of the mortgage must be paid so that the new buyer can register it in your name. A notary and registration fee that must be taken into account.

   Other expenses

The property is sold free of charges, hence the seller must be up to date with IBI payments, garbage rate, community, spills, at the date of purchase, and must also present the energy efficiency certificate, mandatory since mid-2013 .

We hope that this information has been very useful to you, for a more personalized consultation, do not hesitate to contact our company based in Moraira.

From our Real Estate Agency in Moraira, Marti Projects S.L. We want to make ourselves echo in the transmission of information, trying in this way to be able to help you to solve any doubt corresponding to this type of tax and its characteristics. We always advise you to go to your trusted manager for your particular case.

   Articles related to different taxes

VAT and its characteristics

What is a complementary self-assessment?

Personal Income Tax

IBI Real Estate Tax

Transfer tax and stamp duty

Income Tax for Non-Residents