miércoles, 15 de julio de 2020
ALTEA the Watchtower
Altea the Attaláya of the Arabs is undoubtedly as its old name indicates; A beautiful viewpoint over the Mediterranean Sea, for years, Altea has been a refuge for poets, singers, painters, sculptors and ceramists.
Continuing with the series of different posts on the populations that surround us and in order to extend and briefly reveal some of their characteristics, we continue with Altea, divided into two nuclei; On the one hand, the municipality with its famous old town, full of cobbled streets with bars, restaurants and shops, as well as all the services of the town hall, schools, supermarkets, banks, etc. and Altea Costa full of incredible coves and cliffs with spectacular villas and houses dotting its beautiful landscape, where mountains, forests and the sea mix.
Altea has more than 6 km of coastline where cliff areas and small coves alternate with stretches of beach on flat terrain, among which we highlight
- Pot. In front of it the Isleta emerges from the sea, a small islet 500 m from the beach, with an atypical characteristic, when it is coldest in the town there is a place on this beach where the water begins to boil, from where it comes name.
- Cap Negret. Made of gravel and clean waters, very calm, its name comes from the fact that there are a large number of black volcanic rocks.
- The Mascarat. Located under the Sierra de Bernia, with the Puerto Deportivo Campomanes. and adjacent to the municipality of Calpe.
- La Roda. Of all of them it is the most popular, since it is located in the urban area of ??Altea.
- Cap Blanch. It is the largest beach in Altea, until it joins the Albir beach, which already belongs to the municipality of Alfaz del Pi.
By vehicle, you can choose the N332 or the AP-7, at exit 64. El Altet airports, 57 km away and the Manises airport, 140 km away. they communicate it with the rest of the world.
The name of Altea could come from the Greek Althaia, or from the Arabic word, vestiges have been found in the term of Iberians and Romans, conquered in 1244 by Jaime I of Aragon obtaining a town charter in 1279, in 1705 he landed in the bay of Altea the Anglo-Dutch squadron that supported Archduke Charles of Austria, in the framework of the War of Succession, the eighteenth century marked an agricultural, fishing, commercial and demographic boom, ending the century with 5,000 inhabitants. All this makes this population a mixture of ideas and cultures that is reflected in the character of its people, accustomed to the union of brother peoples.
Altea has a population of 23,532 inhabitants, of which 34.6% is of foreign nationality, mainly from other countries of the European Union (5,543 registered, 24.5% of the census)
The main economic activity is currently the service sector based on tourism and we highlight agriculture with loquat and orange as a second source of income and we cannot forget fishing.
Altea,s climate is practically the same as in all the towns of the Marina Alta: Little cold and mild in winter, little rain during the year and hot in summer.
- February; Feasts of Mig Any (half a year) of Moors and Christians in honor of San Blas, La festa del Porquet that takes place in the Plaza de la Iglesia on the third Saturday and those of the Cristo de la Salud in Altea la Vella
- June; Festivities in honor of the Holy Trinity in the Bellaguarda neighborhood, Sant Antoni in the Cap Blanch party and Sant Joan in the Fornet neighborhood
- July; Sea party in honor of San Pedro and the Virgen del Carmen, which continues San Jaime in Cap Blanch and Santa Ana in Altea la Vella.
- August; Fiestas in honor of San Roque, in the game of Horta, followed by Las Fiestas in honor of San Lorenzo in which a fireworks castle declared a tourist asset is held
- September: Festivities in honor of Saint Thomas and the fourth weekend of September, the Patron Saint Festivities in honor of the Cristo del Sagrario accompanied by the Moors and Christians festival.
- December; The festivities of Santa Bárbara are celebrated at the departure of Sogay and La Purísima in Altea la Vieja.
From Marti Projects real estate agency, we try to transmit to you from our honesty, transparency, delivery, trust and professionalism the properties that we have for sale near the beach and that we currently have at your disposal in Altea.
We will be happy to guide you and inform you of the details throughout the process, necessary to facilitate the future acquisition of your new property or business as an investment, we offer you the possibility through our multidisciplinary team; architects, technicians, collaborating companies, lawyers, legal advisers, notaries, the construction of your house, reform or maintenance.
The sun, water sports, fishing, Mediterranean diet, golf, incredible places and its people are some of the characteristics that our residents love, you will be able to hear the silence, enjoy our exquisite culinary dishes and see those unique sunrises and sunsets in our region .
Spain and specifically the Costa Blanca has countless ideal places to buy or invest in your new property. Populations such as Altea, Benissa, Benitachell, Calpe, Javea, Moraira or Denia are among the most demanded and appreciated on our Mediterranean Coast, all close to the beach and enjoying the microclimate that this Spanish region has with its annual average of 18º la turns into an ideal space to live.
New urban beach in Altea
Costa Blanca holidays and quality of life
Properties for sale in Altea
Flats and apartments for sale in Altea
House and villas for sale in Altea
Urban plots and rustic land for sale in Altea
Altea Town Council